Friday, August 19, 2016

Steven Kramer's Novel Receives First Printing

Schollsdale - Steven Kramer has completed proofing his long awaited (and long talked about) novel, Father Time and had it printed in late July. The printing is informal, with a PDF submitted to a printing shop in Beaverton. Nevertheless, the result was the entire 77,000 word manuscript being printed for the first time.
"I'm happy with it," Steven said, "It still needs a lot of work, but I felt it was to a place where I could print it and share it with friends and family."
The novel-- a work in progress since 2012-- depicts the misadventures of a young woman as she is separated from her parents and spends the next several years living in various places trying to find her way home.
"I originally had the idea one night when I couldn't sleep," Steven said, when asked how he came up with the idea, "I decided to make up a story to entertain myself. I had an idea, and thought 'this is pretty neat.'"
The book has gone through several variations, including omitting a character from the original story, but in the end, he reverted much of the novel to its original story, with a few exceptions.
"It didn't seem that I was being true to myself," Steven said, "I had made all of these changes but none of them were really necessary. The story was fine the way it was. After chatting with a friend about it, I realized I had made a lot of changes that weren't necessary."
The printed copy of Father Time will remain at home. anyone interested in reading a draft may contact Mr. Kramer. Whether the novel will receive more formal publication remains to be seen.
The first, spiral bound draft of Father Time. The project has been in the works since 2012, with writing of the novel beginning 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chasing the Dog Star

  Editor's note: Originally published in Fall, 2022 One of my earliest memories from childhood is a visit that my parents made to a fami...